So you’ve done the hard part, you’ve been called up to give a quote for a job, but how do you make it look professional?
Getting customers to ring you to quote for a job is hard, but dealing with quotes makes it even more difficult. It’s time consuming, and you’d rather be doing other things, but here we give you 5 easy ways to create a quote that looks professional and help you bag the job.
- Presentation – Gone are the days where a hand written quote is the normal. Customers appreciate a well presented piece of paperwork. You can easily create a template in Word to save time, or sign up with us for a 3o day free trial!
- Logo – it doesn’t have to be fancy, but you’d be surprised at how much of an impression this creates on your customers.
- Brag a little – put a testimonial on your quote, or even send a few with with your quote to your customer. It’s reassuring, and again makes a good impression.
- Break it down – one way to gain trust and win work is to break everything down on your quote and even add short explanations if needs be. Customers will thank you for not treating them like an idiot and it makes the quote easy reading for them, another big bonus point for you!
- Time – Speed is your friend. Get your quote finished before your competitors do. It shows an effort and dedication to the job to your customers too for getting them the quote so quickly, so even if you can’t fit them in straight away to do the work, you’ve already won them over.
Stick to these 5 tips and you’ll be able to knock out a professional looking quote in no time!
If you need a little more help, check out our Tradesman quote templates for quick, professional tradesmen quotations and estimates.