We know how it goes, you’ve got the smartphone, 3G or 4G wherever you are, and the world at your fingertips… But how does this actually help you?
Well by using apps specifically for tradesmen you can help boost your efficiency, keep track of everything you’re doing, save time, stay ahead of the game, and even win more work! But how exactly will these tradesman’s software do that for you?
1. Save time – many apps for phones now means you can update work, paperwork and schedules all at the touch of a few buttons. Meaning you don’t have to go back to the office or wait until later if you need to change something.
2. Increase efficiency – by saving time you’ll also find this will start to extend to other areas of the business. By keeping information in an app on your phone you’ll be able to work from anywhere, leading you to increase your efficiency.
3. Be better organised – they’ll allow you to have everything at your fingertips, meaning you’ll never forget anything again (apart from maybe that one tool you need!).
4. Work from anywhere – you won’t need to tie yourself down, meaning you can be much more relaxed about where you have to work, meaning you’ll probably be in a much better state of mind, meaning that you’ll find any paperwork or odd jobs that you do have to do will be easier to do.
5. Tools on the go – forgotten your spirit level? No problem! Haven’t ordered a part? No problem! There are apps for that.
So now that you know why you should be using app, what tradesmen apps should you be using? Well luckily we’ve got a list for that too!
– The iQuick Contract Maker allows you to quickly and easily create a legal contract on site or during meetings with customers, making the relationship between tradesman and client stress-free.
– The TrustMark App looks to bridge the gap and assure customers that they will be in reliable hands, as well as protected by evidence should anything become disputed or end in disagreement.
– Rated People – by being registered on their site you are putting yourself and your trade onto a mobile database accessible by anyone using the app, possibly providing you with new business links and asserting yourself as a reputable tradesman in your area.
– iHandy Level– Forgotten your spirit level? No need to worry, this handy app has a built in spirit bubble and is downloadable to your mobile.
The Construction Calculator– No tradesman wants to spend his time try to convert measurements from metric or imperial and back again. The Construction Calculator works as a your standard industry calculator but allows you to work in yards, feet, fractional inches and millimeters, converting between all types at the click of a button.
Got an app you’d like to add? Let us know!