Email templates allow you to template the emails you send often to ensure they’re consistent and customised.
Sending emails speedily to your customers is essential to providing great communication. Email templates give you the ability to customise the emails you send, and saves you time by not having to re-type the same messages over and again.
How do email templates work?
Email templates can be setup for the emails you send most regularly in YourTradeBase:
- Sending quotes
- Following-up quotes
- Sending invoices
- Sending invoice payment reminders
- Sending invoice statements
- Confirming visits with your customers
When you send an email that has a template, the subject, body and any attachments from the template are filled in and ready for you to edit or make changes to before you hit send.
How to make changes to your email templates
To make changes to your templates:
- Click ‘Edit template’ (next to the template name you want to change)
- You can update any or all of the following:
- The subject of the email
- The body or content of the email
- Any attachments you want to add to the email. These will automatically be attached when you create the email.
- When you’re happy with the template, click ‘Save template‘ to save your changes
When entering your email subject or body, you can choose to enter tags which will dynamically insert content. Tags allow you to personalise your emails with relevant content and data. Learn more about using tags in your email templates.
How to use email templates
Your emails are automatically populated with the relevant template content – and any attachments are automatically attached – when you click to send an email.
You can make any changes to your email before you click ‘Send‘.
You can also setup a personalised email signature that will be added to the bottom of your emails. See Adding an email signature for help on setting up your email signature.